Skip to main content

Historical Fashion Significance (IPP edition)

So, I want to do 19th century sewing. I sew dresses that are Jane Austen style (1800-1820), Victorian style (1837-1901), Civil War style (1861-1865), Bustle Era (1866-1889) and Edwardian style (1901-1910). I chose historical clothing over modern clothing because, historical clothing has fancy details and hats. I really like the men back than because, of their hats and their hairstyles. So, I use different techniques to do the types of stiches, knots, and the threads. Fabrics back then like muslin, velvet, and silk. I draw fashion illustrations and look at them online. They talk about fashion magazines from the time period. It uses short term (A response to a event) and long term causes (Something that makes power to event). Just like in fashion history. That's why, historical fashion is important to me.


Historical Fashion is important, by its clothes. Making historical clothes on a sewing machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 

Artknits Richmond Hill articles: Non-Verbal communication: A reflection

 One of the most important things is communication skills. This is a skill that is important when you want to talk to people. Communication skills can be "verbal" because it was related to a "form of words." But today, we are going to talk about "non-verbal communication skills. Non-verbal communication skills are not saying words that how are you doing and what are you feeling. Non-verbal communication skills are kindly using your body language of how are you are feeling and doing. Like for example, when someone was angry they will do a hands-on-your-hips pose.  Or it also talks about your feelings and emotions because people can see or observe how someone was feeling, with their eyes. Like for example, when someone has seen a person feeling crying that means someone is feeling sad. Body language matters to everyone, and at least 70% of the communication between people takes place through body language and their voice.  But also, it could express people's ...