Skip to main content

On The Ship Going To France & England In the 1850s.

When I go to London, I have to go on a boat, to see my grandparents. I dance along on the top deck of the ship. And I am going to see the views of the ocean. So, my cousin decided to live to see what cities in Europe feels like. When I got on the ship, I have seen people dancing my favorite polka, and playing instruments, but not the piano. When I have got to London, I have met the queen to give me tea to drink for my break. I am an explorer of the whole country. "Ahoy there!" said the captain. I have said to him, "Ahoy there mate" I said. But Michaela Bermingham was sleeping on the ship, and she comes to visit me. It was on the 30th of August, and I have to sleep and get ready to have breakfast on the deck. What I have for breakfast is from Turkey: cheese and fruit. After breakfast, I have worn my walking costume to meet the captain. "Maybe, we can go see history of what?" said Michaela Bermingham. I said "Olivia Dicks is coming to visit me today to have a family gathering at sea.'' I have to visit Paris before." I have said. When I have gone to the museum in France the guide has said: "In the early 1800s, the government did not provide social services, such as healthcare, education, and care for seniors." So, when I have look at the signs, they are all in French. But the French that is spoken in France is different than the French that is spoken in Quebec. So I will plan to learn French in both countries and cities, or maybe on the boat also. I have brought  Eleanora Hallen's diary from the 1830s, and Eleanora Hallen says about her life in the morning: In the morning, I get up before the rest generally and put breakfast. After breakfast, Mary washes the tea things. Sarah generally puts dinner, and then Sarah and Mary wash up Mary, and I make the beds. Either of us put tea, and I wash them up. I follow the diary has jokes and have mistakes in it. I have saw drawings of people's faces, and it reminds me of people's faces from the Victorian & Edwardian Era. When Olivia Dicks found what people wear in the 1850s, she said to me: "The typical 1850s wardrobe for men consisted of a jacket, trousers, a shirt, a vest, and a necktie. However, farmers and other working men often wore simple smocks during the day. New England farmers are known to have worn white cotton or unbleached linen smocks even into the late 1880s." Girls wore dresses, often of the same material as their mothers and/or sisters. These dresses were not as long as when they were older, but they wore ankle-length pantalettes to ensure their modesty. Pinafores were often worn to protect the dresses and capes were worn in cooler weather. But in the picture below, there is Olivia Dicks & me holding Eleanora Hallen's diary to find new rules to get to another place.


Image result for 1850s fashion



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music programs for adults

Music is a fun way to provide music lessons for adult beginners to learn more about music, keyboards and keyboard playing. Thisgroup program teaches you about fundamental playing skills and leveraging the keyboard's technology to enrich and enjoy music experience while at home, at friend's house, and at your music school.  Piano Lessons: The philosophy of music education is based on the belief that all people have the potential to develop musical ability. Students are encouraged to enjoy music while learning how to play their instrument. They develop rich musical expression through playing a variety of musical styles. Students in the Pianoforte program also receive more advanced ear training than other methods. This helps them to further develop their ear and, as a result, improve their overall musicality. Singing/Voice/Vocal Lessons:  It’s time to take your beautiful singing voice from the shower to the stage! The Artknits Music And Art Company offers individual voice le

FAQ with Bernice Chong: Talking about the transition to high school.

Robert Cannone: What images/ideas/expectations do you have of high school? Bernice Chong: My ideas of going to high school is happy, because, I would like to meet new friends, when I get there. I would be sometimes nervous because, a lot of subjects in high school were always hard for me, but I will try my best on it. I will follow instructions, to follow what other people were doing, and not doing my own things. I will be kind to others when I get there. Robert Cannone: What common skills do you think will be very important to have as you move on to high school?  Bernice Chong:  My common skills are organization because, I am going to organize my desk, and my backpack. And I have to clean up my desk, and also, I needed to learn how to put things inside a locker, and lock it inside. Robert Cannone: Brainstorm some of the things you would like to do in high school. Bernice Chong: I like to do in high school, is to join a basketball team, learning how to use photo