Skip to main content

On The Ship Going To France & England In The 1860s.

Whoa, I have seen a quote from Godey's Lady's Book of July of 1861, it says: "Godey's is chase in style, beautiful in sentiment, noble in thought, and well calculated to call out all the ennobling virtues of the human heart. No cottage no palace, no home, however or magnificent is furnished without the Lady's Book." But I want to live in the cottage in Ireland I guess. Maybe, I wanted to see beautiful palaces and castles, when I arrived in the city of London, we have cross River Thames: a river in England.  And we have seen lots of beautiful streets alongside here. We had to bring that diary from Canada to England. Olivia Dicks & I work on the sails on the ship when the wind comes through. It was the beginning of 1865, and my family has servants to cook and care for my children. So, on the ship away to England, Olivia Dicks teaches me writing, arithmetic, Latin, geography, drawing, music, and dancing. "I decided to go to England to move to England," Olivia Dicks said to me. "Sure,'' I said to Olivia Dicks. "When we are in the USA, we have to buy Godey's & Peterson's magazines to read about the new things that women can do," said Michaela Bermingham. Olivia Dicks said to me on the way to England "To support a large household, we have to move to England."Great idea," I said to Olivia Dicks. In England, I have seen Englishwomen's Domestic Magazine, and it was first published back in 1852. When I get the January 1865 issue of the Englishwomen's Domestic Magazine, I really love the fashion so much, and I laughed from it. "It is funny!'' I said to Olivia Dicks. When Olivia Dicks gets Eleanora Hallen's diary, she said to Saturday is a busy day. As we have to tidy up for Sunday. Olivia Dicks & I have to tidy up the ship with the Captain because it is a busy day when Olivia looked at the diary. I have to learn from the Englishwoman's Domestic Magzine, I have learned how to crochet, knit, sewing a new pattern, new songs, and others. Olivia Dicks said to me in 1869: Evening gowns had low necklines and short sleeves, and were worn with short gloves or lace or crocheted fingerless mitts. The voluminous skirts were supported by hoops, petticoats, and or crinolines. The use of hoops was not as common until 1856, prior to supporting the skirts with layers of starched petticoats." And she said "The men in the image below display a number of common 1860s men's fashions. The wide, tubular trousers and long sack coat are seen on the man standing in the foreground. The wide trousers were popular throughout the decade, while the baggier jacket style remained popular only during the early years of the 1860s".  Look at the picture on the next page: Olivia Dicks & I in the ship reading the Englishwomen's Domestic Magazine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music programs for adults

Music is a fun way to provide music lessons for adult beginners to learn more about music, keyboards and keyboard playing. Thisgroup program teaches you about fundamental playing skills and leveraging the keyboard's technology to enrich and enjoy music experience while at home, at friend's house, and at your music school.  Piano Lessons: The philosophy of music education is based on the belief that all people have the potential to develop musical ability. Students are encouraged to enjoy music while learning how to play their instrument. They develop rich musical expression through playing a variety of musical styles. Students in the Pianoforte program also receive more advanced ear training than other methods. This helps them to further develop their ear and, as a result, improve their overall musicality. Singing/Voice/Vocal Lessons:  It’s time to take your beautiful singing voice from the shower to the stage! The Artknits Music And Art Company offers individual voice le

FAQ with Bernice Chong: Talking about the transition to high school.

Robert Cannone: What images/ideas/expectations do you have of high school? Bernice Chong: My ideas of going to high school is happy, because, I would like to meet new friends, when I get there. I would be sometimes nervous because, a lot of subjects in high school were always hard for me, but I will try my best on it. I will follow instructions, to follow what other people were doing, and not doing my own things. I will be kind to others when I get there. Robert Cannone: What common skills do you think will be very important to have as you move on to high school?  Bernice Chong:  My common skills are organization because, I am going to organize my desk, and my backpack. And I have to clean up my desk, and also, I needed to learn how to put things inside a locker, and lock it inside. Robert Cannone: Brainstorm some of the things you would like to do in high school. Bernice Chong: I like to do in high school, is to join a basketball team, learning how to use photo