Skip to main content

New Store For Australian Home journal Sewing Patterns: lyrebird vintage: available on Etsy!!

There's something incredible about clothing designs from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. Stuff you can't really find in clothing or sewing patterns anymore. Pizzazz, uniqueness, creativity, call it what you want, I'm crazy about it. 

A few years ago, I started collecting Australian Home Journals, a local magazine produced from the early 1900's that went out of business decades ago, and I recognised that I had found something really special. They were no McCalls, Butterick or Simplicity, they were simply magical. 

I have a huge collection of the magazines at home but in my personal opinion, the catalogs are where it's at. I am proud to boast I have one of the largest AHJ catalog collection in the country, with almost every edition from 1941 to 1965 (and I'm not done yet!). These catalogs captured my imagination as a seamstress, with their never-before-seen designs and gorgeous, colourful illustrations evocative of those times. 

This shop was a long time in the making, and it took me years to fill my collection to the degree where I'd be happy to start selling their digital reproductions to the world. As rare as they are, I don't think it's fair that only a few people in one country get to see them, so here we are.

That being said, I do have a lot of original sewing patterns, catalogs (not necessarily Home Journal), and sewing or fashion magazines in storage as well that I will be sorting through and selling as well, so keep an eye out for those in the future as LyreBird vintage expands!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music programs for adults

Music is a fun way to provide music lessons for adult beginners to learn more about music, keyboards and keyboard playing. Thisgroup program teaches you about fundamental playing skills and leveraging the keyboard's technology to enrich and enjoy music experience while at home, at friend's house, and at your music school.  Piano Lessons: The philosophy of music education is based on the belief that all people have the potential to develop musical ability. Students are encouraged to enjoy music while learning how to play their instrument. They develop rich musical expression through playing a variety of musical styles. Students in the Pianoforte program also receive more advanced ear training than other methods. This helps them to further develop their ear and, as a result, improve their overall musicality. Singing/Voice/Vocal Lessons:  It’s time to take your beautiful singing voice from the shower to the stage! The Artknits Music And Art Company offers individual voice le