Skip to main content

Bernice`s speech: what does it mean to be healthy?

    My personal definition of being healthy means eating healthy foods, getting enough sleep, reducing anxiety, and doing exercise. First, I think it is important to eat healthy foods. According to "CSEP", they say that teens between the ages of 14 - 17 should sleep around 8 - 10 hours each night. When you sleep, your body can grow and you need some rest. When you sleep, you maintain good health. When you get good sleep, you decrease the risk of heart disease, stroke, and other diseases. Sleep helps to mend your heart. If you do not have good sleep, you might increase the risk of heart diseases, stroke, and other diseases. Or, sometimes you have thinking issues if you can`t sleep or you cannot focus. It is important for me to eat healthy foods because according to "Canada`s Food Guide," you have to eat a balanced meal and you cannot eat too many salty foods like chips and French fries from "Mcdonald's." You could eat balanced meals like fruits and vegetables because when you eat more fruits and vegetables, you will decrease the risk of heart disease and you will not cause a tummy ache because there is no sugar and salt that is added to the food. And balanced meals contain vitamins and chemicals. If you do not eat healthy foods and you eat too much junk food, it will cause you a tummy ache. If you eat too much salt, you will increase the risk of heart attacks and high blood pressure. When you eat too much sugar foods, you are going to have a stomachache and increases the diseases of heart attacks and other diseases. According to Canada`s food guide, when you eat foods with healthy fats, it will protect you from heart diseases and others that may cause you to be sicker. Third, I think it is important to find ways to decrease anxiety in life. According to "Mind On Mind", they have to say examples like making a schedule and doing routines everyday like going to bed and washing your hands. Those examples are important for your mental health because it shows what you want to expect to do. Sometimes, routines can increase your focus on one particular thing. If we do not do routines, it can affect our productivity and cause an increase in stress. It can affect focus on our work if we do not follow routines. Lastly, doing exercise is important for me because according to "CSEP", they have to say that teenagers and children needed to exercise from 30 - 60 minutes daily (in 5-7 days). This is a lot of days huh? it can decrease the risks of heart attack and high blood pressure. And also, doing exercises makes your muscles strong and healthy. I also like exercise because it might improve the quality of life. If we do not do exercise, it might increase health problems like heart attacks and high blood pressure. Not doing exercise might affect my mental health because when I am exercising, I release my happy hormones such as dopamine and serotonin which help me to stay happy. I thought being healthy might only be about eating healthy foods but, it also requires doing exercise, following routines, and taking care of my mental health. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music programs for adults

Music is a fun way to provide music lessons for adult beginners to learn more about music, keyboards and keyboard playing. Thisgroup program teaches you about fundamental playing skills and leveraging the keyboard's technology to enrich and enjoy music experience while at home, at friend's house, and at your music school.  Piano Lessons: The philosophy of music education is based on the belief that all people have the potential to develop musical ability. Students are encouraged to enjoy music while learning how to play their instrument. They develop rich musical expression through playing a variety of musical styles. Students in the Pianoforte program also receive more advanced ear training than other methods. This helps them to further develop their ear and, as a result, improve their overall musicality. Singing/Voice/Vocal Lessons:  It’s time to take your beautiful singing voice from the shower to the stage! The Artknits Music And Art Company offers individual voice le
 

FAQ with Bernice Chong: Talking about the transition to high school.

Robert Cannone: What images/ideas/expectations do you have of high school? Bernice Chong: My ideas of going to high school is happy, because, I would like to meet new friends, when I get there. I would be sometimes nervous because, a lot of subjects in high school were always hard for me, but I will try my best on it. I will follow instructions, to follow what other people were doing, and not doing my own things. I will be kind to others when I get there. Robert Cannone: What common skills do you think will be very important to have as you move on to high school?  Bernice Chong:  My common skills are organization because, I am going to organize my desk, and my backpack. And I have to clean up my desk, and also, I needed to learn how to put things inside a locker, and lock it inside. Robert Cannone: Brainstorm some of the things you would like to do in high school. Bernice Chong: I like to do in high school, is to join a basketball team, learning how to use photo